travian + duals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second Village

4 posters

Go down

Second Village Empty Second Village

Post  Ronnicus Thu May 07, 2009 6:23 am

To all:

I'm sure all of you guys are excited about the second village which will be coming shortly. There are several problems however with settling the 15-c 2 squares to our left. I know this may crush a lot of dreams, but settling that square will not be very profitable in the long run. Here are some drawbacks to that 15-C:

1) Proximity- Yes, I know that it is only 2 squares away and it will allow for a very quick transport of resources. However, this close proximity is actually a drawback. Being so close will cancel the ability to establish a second raiding circle, which will really result in a feeder village. If we wanted that, we might as well settle a 4446.

2) Oases- The 15-c takes one of the oases need for our initial village. I know that may seem like no big deal at first, but when we get to the endgame, that -25% wheat will hurt bad.

I really think that we should settle that 15-c as a last resort, given that we cannot find a better alternative. If everyone else insists that we settle that square, then so be it. However, we should build more clubs first b4 doing so. If we are going to settle another square, then we should go ahead and build settlers asap to begin raiding.

Ronnicus

Back to top Go down

Second Village Empty Re: Second Village

Post  ibite Thu May 07, 2009 11:47 am

yes and the 2nd village have to be in the southern region (as i havent seen any big threats there) and we have to clear up all the strong players of the surrounding area of that village ASAP. but for that we have to select a village first. and i am not still sure about the one 2 squares beside us. it will be easy to support i know but than we cant raid much with the village. we need a team meeting Smile

ibite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Askold Thu May 07, 2009 5:05 pm

Ronnicus wrote:To all:

I'm sure all of you guys are excited about the second village which will be coming shortly. There are several problems however with settling the 15-c 2 squares to our left. I know this may crush a lot of dreams, but settling that square will not be very profitable in the long run. Here are some drawbacks to that 15-C:

1) Proximity- Yes, I know that it is only 2 squares away and it will allow for a very quick transport of resources. However, this close proximity is actually a drawback. Being so close will cancel the ability to establish a second raiding circle, which will really result in a feeder village. If we wanted that, we might as well settle a 4446.

2) Oases- The 15-c takes one of the oases need for our initial village. I know that may seem like no big deal at first, but when we get to the endgame, that -25% wheat will hurt bad.

I really think that we should settle that 15-c as a last resort, given that we cannot find a better alternative. If everyone else insists that we settle that square, then so be it. However, we should build more clubs first b4 doing so. If we are going to settle another square, then we should go ahead and build settlers asap to begin raiding.

I agree with first assertion. We will cover only that territory what we cover now. So we will not plunder more then we do it now.
But I don't agree with the second assertion. The 15-c will not take any oases which will need our initial village at all.

My view to this situation:
I would found (15-c [-104;-121]), then (-102|-122), then (15-c [-106|-124]), then another 4446 tiles in this region. Thereby we will dominate in our region and nobody will destroy us.

If we will found villages in other regions we will have a lot farm first time. But later we will be cated and destroyed very easy. And it will be very difficult to defend our villages.

Askold

http://www.google.com.ua

Back to top Go down

Post  jjpwns Fri May 08, 2009 12:02 am

ya get a good 15c in our 21x21 or a little farther. we have a big army so people raiding will be easy to destroy. also 2nd village should have good crop oasis. first thing to do obviously in 15c should be to get barracks. then clubs and raid a ton. we should probably attack all threats in our croppers area to prevent being cata'd.

jjpwns
Admin

https://dual.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnicus Fri May 08, 2009 3:40 am

I agree. I'm running cropfinder right now and I'll report any good 15-c's I see.

Ronnicus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down