travian + duals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Researching Spearmen

4 posters

Go down

Researching Spearmen Empty Researching Spearmen

Post  Ronnicus Thu May 07, 2009 6:29 am

I know there are some of you who feel that we MUST build spearmen, but I have found that doing so is actually detrimental in the long run. If our goal is to become an offensive monster (which we are slowly becoming), we would never really need defensive troops of our own. All of our defense could come from members of our alliance or other players. Doing so, we have two options.

1) Mix of Spears and Praets from other players.
This would result in the most potent defense, but would take willing players either in our alliance or elsewhere.

2) Phalanx
This is a tried and true method that would be both easy and effective.

What do you guys think?

Ronnicus

Back to top Go down

Researching Spearmen Empty Re: Researching Spearmen

Post  ibite Thu May 07, 2009 11:37 am

yes but if there is no strong allies or partners near us than we might not get help in time....if we are in a very good alliance with helping members i am sure we wouldnt nead spears but if not.......

ibite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Askold Thu May 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Ronnicus wrote:I know there are some of you who feel that we MUST build spearmen, but I have found that doing so is actually detrimental in the long run. If our goal is to become an offensive monster (which we are slowly becoming), we would never really need defensive troops of our own. All of our defense could come from members of our alliance or other players. Doing so, we have two options.

1) Mix of Spears and Praets from other players.
This would result in the most potent defense, but would take willing players either in our alliance or elsewhere.

2) Phalanx
This is a tried and true method that would be both easy and effective.

What do you guys think?

Fully agree.

Askold

http://www.google.com.ua

Back to top Go down

Post  jjpwns Fri May 08, 2009 12:10 am

ya we shouldn't be getting spears for a while. if our army is at the top of the alliance we should just be a hammer builder, otherwise then we should go for chiefs and defense. what should be our goal is to make a small hammer and get a teuton falling behind to supply us with resources so we can build a huge hammer rather then having two small hammers(us,them).

jjpwns
Admin

https://dual.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum